Vegan Fish Sticks
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 2 cups of malt vinegar
- 1 cup unbleached four
- 1 cup of dark beer
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Enough oil to fry your "sticks"
How to make it
- Slice and press tofu between two clean dish towels or some paper towels until drained and pretty dry.
- Place tofu into a large bowl and add malt vinegar. Vinegar should cover the tofu, if not add a little more. Allow the tofu to marinate overnight in the refrigerator for best flavor.
- To make the batter: mix the flour, paprika, salt and pepper together. Slowly stir in the beer.
- Put the batter in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it.
- Heat your oil to medium high.
- Take out your bowl of marinated tofu and pat the pieces dry.
- Slice into fish stick size pieces.
- Dip the pieces into the batter to coat and place slowly into the hot oil. When nicely browned, turn them over to cook the other side.