Almond Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
- Time 13 minutes
- Serves 15
- 2 ½ cups oats, processed
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shredded, dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup almonds, chopped or whole
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
How to make it
- Place the oats in a food processor or blender and process until the oats are in smaller pieces, but not until fine like flour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter & coconut oil. Add sugars, beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients (don't forget to process the oats) and then add to creamed mixture.
- When combined, add coconut, almonds, and chocolate.
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes, flatten with spatula, and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven, let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack and cool.