Blackeyed Pea Patties
- Time 10 minutes
- Serves 46
- 1 1/2 cup peas cooked and drained.
- 1/4 cup Trinity chopped ( onion. Bell pepper, celery)
- 1 glove Garlic minced
- 1tsp butter
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp corn meal
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- A pinch of ground red pepper( optional I guess)
- 2 Tbsp veggie oil
- Tip: The Trinity freezes well so any time I chop one or all of the three
- I put it in a freezer bag for later use. You can keep adding to the same bag.
How to make it
- Saute the Trinity and garlic in butter until just soft, remove from heat and
- Let cool.
- Mash peas with a potato masher, leaving some whole for texture.
- Mix all other ingredients ,stir well until incorporated. If needed add just
- A little more corn meal. You want the consistency of a fritter.
- Form in 1/2” think patties. Fry 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- I serve these with a Homemade or good store brand Spinach dip to spread On top.