Milk Chocolate Orange Pie
- 9" pie crust baked and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
How to make it
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl then combine sugar, cornstarch and flour in a heavy saucepan.
- Using a wire whisk stir in water until smooth.
- Cook this mixture over medium heat until boiling stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes then stir about 1/4 cup of cooked mixture into egg yolks and blend.
- Return egg yolk mixture to saucepan and cook 2 more minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and juice.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the cooked filling to a small bowl with milk chocolate chips.
- Set rest of filling aside.
- Microwave chip mixture on low for 2 minutes or until chips are melted stirring until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and add milk chocolate chip filling mixture and beat well.
- Spread over cooled crust then spoon mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to set.