Smothered Chicken With Brown Rice
- 4 slices Bacon, chopped
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
- 4 large carrots (1 lb.), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
How to make it
- COOK and stir bacon in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings from skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook 5 to 6 min. on each side or until browned; and chicken is done (165ºF). Transfer chicken to plate; cover to keep warm.
- ADD vegetables and 1/2 cup broth to skillet; cover and simmer 10 minu. or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining broth and cream cheese; cook, uncovered, 2 min. or until cream is melted and sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to skillet; cook 2 min. or until heated through.
- Spoon rice onto serving plate; top with chicken, sauce and bacon.