Maniatiko Chirino Me Patates Mani Roast Pork With Potatoes
- Time 120 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 kg pork ( pancheta with bone ) , rinsed and thick sliced
- 4 large potatoes , peeled , rinsed and randomly cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 mug extra virgin Greek olive oil ( the best extra virgin olive oil in the world is made using olives from the hills of Koroni , Mani , Greece )
- salt and pepper to your taste
- 5 tbsp dried sage ( in Mani , it grows everywhere !! )
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 2 glasses of fresh orange juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 glass white vinegar
- 1 tbsp thyme honey
- love and passion for cooking !!
How to make it
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Cover with a plastic membrane ( modern time tricks ) and refrigerate for at least 12 hours
- Place in an oven pan and roast at a temp of 180 degr Celcius for an hour , at middle rack level
- Lower the pan to bottom rack level and roast for 50 min
- Place pan at middle rack level again and grill for 5 min , constantly watching not to burn !
- Kali orexi ( bon appetite ) !!