DA Season 5 Episode 2 (SA)

• chuckieb 9 years ago
    SPOILER ALERT!
    Fun that Downton got a "Wireless"! :) And how sweet of Mrs. Patmore to enlist the help of Miss Bunting to help Daisy with her arithmetic! (And go Daisy!) Most awkward situtation I found was Mary sending Anna out to buy contraceptives. Poor Anna! I wonder if she and Tony will be seen by someone they know (Charles Blake perhaps) in the dining room that evening?) I'm still a bit surprised that Mary is actually going through with the tryst. It would have been terribly frowned upon back then. I like that Carson and Mrs. Hughes's relationship seems to be moving forward. They're so sweet and I love Mrs. Hughes's independence. I would love Mrs. Crawley to actually have another husband. She's a real sweetie and deserves some happiness.
    And sometimes I just want to hit Robert over the head as he can be such a dunce.“There is nothing more ill-bred than trying to steal the affections of someone else’s dog!” he says. Rolling eyes. Julian Fellows rocks.
    Right after Downton was "The Queen's Garden". We stayed up and watched the first half hour and then PVR'd the second half. Soooooo beautiful! I saw Julian Fellows in that show as well at a Garden Party the Queen was giving. I quickly googled him. He was born in Cairo, Egypt! Pretty cool. He's 65. He is not only an English actor, novelist, film director and screenwriter, but also a Conservative member of the House of Lords. He got his Master of Arts at Magdalene College in Cambridge majoring in English Literature. He didn't marry until 1990 and has one son. His wife is story editor for Downton Abbey.
    Flag
  • NPMarie 9 years ago said:
    I'm so behind! I still haven't watched either of the 2 new episodes!
    Flag
  • Cosmicmother 9 years ago said:
    I just caught up with the two episodes.
    I didn't know that about Julian Fellows, very cool!
    I hope Edith will be able to spend time with her baby, I suspect that story line might get tough! And the whole Branson thing with the teacher is annoying me, I don't know why, lol,
    It sounds like Charles Blake might know something about Tony? Maybe that's why he kind of warned Mary about him? hmmmm, something is going to happen!
    Flag
  • chuckieb 9 years ago said:
    I do feel bad for the Step Mom to the baby though as she is obviously very fond of the baby and Edith is butting in for sure. I'm not totally sold on this Branson teacher story either but maybe it'll get better. And Branson did totally get sucked into the whole Estate business and did lose his Revolutionary bend! :)
    Flag
  • frankieanne 9 years ago said:
    I don't trust Tony. I don't think he's all he's cracked up to be. Somethin's goin' on there and it ain't gonna be good! I'm still wondering if he isn't the one who pushed Green. I am really unhappy with Lady Mary that she has allowed herself to go into this affair, too. It seems out of character to me.
    I don't like Branson's teacher friend. She gets invited to someone's home where she would never normally go - for more than one reason - but the main one being she doesn't respect their "lifestyle" and then proceeds to be rude to the people who are feeding her. Don't like her at all. At least she didn't go the next time she got invited and spared me the awkward situation.
    I feel for Stepmom, too, but mainly because her husband is keeping a secret from her. I also feel that the first thing Edith would have done after the fire was run back to her room and see if the picture of Marigold (what a name!!) had survived. Wonder what Mrs. Hughes will do with it.
    I don't know why but Cousin Rose irritates the heck out of me! I wish that character hadn't been introduced.
    Flag
    But isn't 'pushing Green' in front of a bus a good character trait Frankieanne? :) And I agree with you re: Timothy Drewe and his wife Madge (no, I didn't remember their names off the top of my head, I had to google it) :), I feel bad that he's keeping a secret from her as well. And I also agree that I'm not a fan of Rose either although she does bring a different angle to things and she was the one responsible for encouraging them to get a wireless.
    Flag
  • NPMarie 9 years ago said:
    I agree, there's definitely something up with Tony..I'm kindof disappointed in Mary..she didn't sleep with Matthew before marrying him, why risk ruining her reputation now. I don't care for Tony G at all..She will have a hard time finding someone like Matthew..he was perfect for her.

Rose bugs me..always has..Branson's teacher bugs me as well! Rude as can be..again, Branson will have a heck of a time finding someone who even comes close to Sybil!

The whole Godmother thing with Edith isn't going to work..she shows so much interest in Marigold (I don't get the name) and not the other children..Stepmom knows something is up, so I believe she will be outed in the near future..she needs to raise her baby! Hope it all works out for Edith!
    Flag
    Would it be considered less risque for Mary seeings she has been married already and is not a virgin? Shrugging shoulders. :) Marigold is an amusing name alright Marie. :)
    Flag
  • frankieanne 9 years ago said:
    For me - its not what is risque or not. Mary had and found true love (if there is such a thing! haha) with Matthew. It just doesn't make sense that she would sleep with Tony to "test him out" or whatever it was she said to Anna. She could have her choice of anyone she wanted. It just doesn't seem like she needs to do this. It seems like she would wait for real love again after what she had before. Especially after she had said just a teeny bit ago that she wasn't over Matthew.
    That's just my own personal take.
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →