Episode 3 SP!

• NPMarie 9 years ago
    Gosh, I adore Maggie Smith's character I wonder what type of a relationship she had with the Russian Prince so many years ago?! Maybe he'll stick around long enough for us to find our:)

Mary seems a bit disinterested in Tony now that she slept with him! Too funny..she can be fickle at times! I am trying to figure exactly what type of birth control they used back them..poor Anna, she has to hide the contraption at her home!

I sure hope the Bobby just leaves Bates alone! I can't believe this is all coming up again! Wait a minute, yes I can:)

I wonder if Cora realizes Simon Bricker is interested in her and not for her knowledge of fine art? He is so obvious and she seems to REALLY enjoy the compliments and attention! watch out Lord Grantham:)
    Flag
  • frankieanne 9 years ago said:
    Mary, Mary, Mary. Sounds like she just wanted to have herself some woopie time. Or is it "whoopie." I was curious about the birth control, too.
    I think Cora was enjoying the attention. :) She sure let Lord Grantham have it!
    I was kinda glad that Madge put her foot down about Edith. After all, if her husband isn't going to tell her the truth... I'm not really certain I feel sorry for Edith. She either should have come clean or let it go. Just my opinion... Hope she won't start another fire after her latest crying jag. Barrow is out of town. :-P
    OK, enough of Branson's teacher. Just how many dinner parties is that gal gonna be allowed to ruin. I am over her. Kick her outta the place!
    Flag
  • Good4U 9 years ago said:
    They had condoms but, they were made of heavy rubber and they were washed out and used again! UGH! I don't have time to say much about this episode at the moment. I will tomorrow though.
    Flag
  • NPMarie 9 years ago said:
    Ewww, washed condoms? I found this and thought it was interesting:
    http://www.bustle.com/articles/56645-what-kind-of-contraception-did-anna-buy-mary-on-downton-abbey-heres-a-little-birth-control
    Sorry the link is so darn long!
    See you tomorrow Joce, thanks for the BC info:)

Yeah Frankieanne, girls just wanna have fun:)
    And Edith just needs to come clean about her baby! I would do anything to keep my baby..even back then!
    I agree, UGH on Branson's teacher! She's such a know it all trouble maker..looks like Lord Grantham would have a say as to who can be invited into his home..she IS always there!..
    Flag
  • chuckieb 9 years ago said:
    Mary certainly did cool on Tony after their rendezvous didn't she! Guess Tony wasn't quite good enough eh? ;) LOL!
    LOL @ Lady Mary having to go get the inquistion from Violet.
    LOL @ Cora being out with Simon Bricker when Robert arrives.
    Glad that Baxter fessed up the whole story to Cora.
    And Ooo la la @ Prince Coragin and Violet having a past. LOVED THAT!
    Ewwww on re-usable thick rubber condoms. GROSS! :)
    Glad you got all caught up on Downton Marie. ;)
    Flag
  • NPMarie 9 years ago said:
    I'm thinking Tony must not be that great in bed..haha

I am truly intrigued with Violet and her prince:) I do hope they keep this story going:)

Yes Janet..I did finally get caught up! I can't wait for the next episode..BTW, have any of you seen the new Masterpiece Mystery that airs right after DA? I DVR'ed it..my sister said it was really good:) I have yet to watch that one ..oy vey:)

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/series/grantchester-s1/
    Flag
  • Cosmicmother 9 years ago said:
    I taped that Masterpiece Mystery Marie, I haven't watched it yet though. I love all the Masterpiece Mystery's.
    I assumed the contraceptive Mary used was a diaphragm. Whatever it is, you just know that Bates is going to find it, lol!
    I think Mary isn't in any rush to get married and started to feel the pressure from Tony. She might want to cool it off so to not rush a marriage?
    I hope Branson sticks around and doesn't go to America. He needs a better story line, and not with that rude teacher!
    I hope the Russian Prince sticks around too! :)
    Flag
  • Good4U 9 years ago said:
    Good article on BC, Marie. Thanks UGH! On the sponge and olive oil though:( YUCK!
    We have been watching Grantchester and really enjoy it, I am sure you will too.
    Edith should come clean on Marigold (what a name) it is the only honourable thing for her to do. I also think many little secrets will be out in the air finally this season. Like who really killed Mr. Green finally. It should be interesting to find out more about the Russian Prince as well. I can't stand that rude teacher at all! However, we are off to a good start again this year!
    Flag
  • frankieanne 9 years ago said:
    I read a lot of online blogs and such and no one likes that teacher. I haven't read one nice comment about her. I'm not even sure why such a character was introduced.
    I was also thinking that Mary had purchased a diaphragm. I thought "yuck" about the sponge and the olive oil, too. And I don't even want to talk about washing rubber condoms.
    :-)
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →