Episode 4 - spoilers!

• frankieanne 9 years ago
    Dear Rose, Please stop inviting Miss Bunting to dinner. Stop. Right. Now.
    This character has been written to be so unlikable. Not to mention the fact that we haven't even seen her and Tom interact with each other in ages so we can't even see what he sees in her. Where is the relationship development so we can care about this gal? Please stop with the rude dinner persona.
    Dear Isobel, If you don't want to marry Lord Menton - I will. What a sweet proposal. I could live with that.
    Dear Mr. Barrow, Heroin doesn't cure homosexuality. Poor Barrow. I think this is the part where we are supposed to start feeling some sympathy for this character. I wonder if Baxter knows he is gay? He seems to know a lot about her.
    Did Anna return to the scene of the crime? Things that make you go hmmmm.
    It sounds like Edith's Gregson may have met a horrible fate in the circumstances that led up to WWII. Edith needs to tone it down a bit or she is going to go bonkers pretty soon. I would have slammed the door in her face, too.
    Flag
  • chuckieb 9 years ago said:
    Bwa Ha ha haha @ Rose inviting Miss Bunting to dinner again. Toooo funny. Enjoyed Robert losing his cool with her at the Dining room table. :) But it was also nice to hear Daisy stick up for Miss Bunting and say how much she had benefitted from her help.
    I too think Lord Merton is lovely. I really, really want Isobel to say "Yes". She so deserves some happiness in her life.
    I liked how caring Baxter was towards Mr. Barrow considering how simply awful he has been to her.
    Was pleased to believe that Mary was going to dump Tony but then he says he won't accept that and she backs down? That's not the Mary I know.
    Eeeesh on Simon Bricker getting caught flirting with Cora and having to worm his way out of it.
    I did watch "Grantchester" this week after Downton. It was pretty good and I may continue with it. Jim and I were tickled to see scenes of King's College Chapel in Cambridge as we've walked by it a fair number of times in the last couple of years. We said "Was that?"....and sure enough when I googled Grantchester, Wikipedia said some scenes were filmed in Cambridge.
    Flag
  • chuckieb 9 years ago said:
    I got a 'Breck's' catalogue in the mail today (bulbs and plants) and one page is devoted to a Downton Abbey Rose Series. :) There are two roses...a "Pretty Lady Rose" with a high petal count that resembles a flapper's dress. :) One root for $40 and then "Anna's Promise", a combination of golden petals with a pink blush and glowing bronze reverse and it sells for $29.99. Too funny. Downton is everywhere!
    Flag
  • NPMarie 9 years ago said:
    That is too funny FA..I think most people are a little sick of Tom's Miss Bunting! And Cora keeps saying it's OK to invite her! She has NOTHING on Sybil..

I adore Lord Menton as well..what a charming man..I don't know why, but I feel as though Isobel just might say yes:)

I had no idea Barrow was into heroin..guess none of us did..he's such a sad person..hard to be a homosexual in those times..I just wish he could be nice to people..then maybe HIS life would be a bit happier as well.

Getting really tired of Edith...just do something to get your baby back already. I know, I know..easier said than done..but she's driving the people caring for Marigold (I can't get over that name) CRAZY!

Mary..Mary...just dump Tony. he's not the "one"

Janet, I squirmed a little when Simon B was caught being sickening sweet and flirting with Cora..he gives me the creeps!
    Wow on the DA roses..I bet they are beautiful:)
    Flag
  • frankieanne 9 years ago said:
    I'm assuming its heroin, Marie, what with the syringes and the way he was looking. I could be wrong though.
    Tony was getting a bit creepy for me there. I did like the fashion show though. Kind of a lighter thing to add to the episode.
    I don't know what it is, but I am not enjoying this season that much. It just seems too dark and conflicted for me. It doesn't seem like there is much "fun" going on. The romance between Anna and Bates was so sweet. I want something like that to happen. Hopefully later on.
    Flag
    You know, now that you mention it, didn't he tell Baxter it was "his medicine"? I don't know what else it could be but heroin, but it has to be illegal..behind closed doors and all....
    I agree..there needs to be some "real" romance this season..and I'm not talking about Tom and his teacher or Cora and the art guy:) I loved the ending last year where Carson and Mrs. Hughes held hands while walking on the beach..what happened with their "romance"? Carson doesn't move quickly in any personal situation, does he? Life is short Mr. Carson!
    Flag
  • frankieanne 9 years ago said:
    Yeah, I'd say its something definitely illegal. I'm thinking some snake oil type guy is telling homosexuals that heroin can cure them, knowing they will get hooked and keep coming back for more. I could be way off base though. I'm just guessing.
    Maybe the writing is getting a little less brilliant because Mr. Fellowes is mentally moving on, if this article has any truth to it.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/downton-abbey-ending-after-season-6-report/
    Flag
    Wow, I didn't think they would be ending DA this soon..wonder if it's true? They have such a following, hard to believe they would ending Downton! AND..if the do end DA, they had better not leave us with a cliffhanger that we will never have an ending to! Guess we will just have to wait and see:( Thanks for sharing the link Frankieanne:)
    Flag
  • Good4U 9 years ago said:
    I read about that awhile back, but wasn't certain either if it was true? They better not end with a cliffhanger!
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →