March 2018 Recipe Challenge!!

• mommyluvs2cook 6 years ago
    Morning everyone! A day late, is better than never :) :) LOL!!! Let's get this month's Recipe Challenge started!!

Here is how the Recipe Challenge works:
    Anyone who would like can nominate a theme/topic. We will have 2 full days to vote (only the people who say "vote for..." in their comments will count) and on Sunday, March 4th, I will announce the winning theme and we will have until March 31st to make a recipe falling under that category. The recipes can only be from this site. Please rate and review them on the recipe as well as here in the I Made It II :) Hope I covered everything and let me know if you have any questions! Have fun!
    Flag
  • Cosmicmother 6 years ago said:
    In honor of St.Patrick's day, I *Nominate* "Irish Themed Recipes".

(Doesn't have to be too specific like colcannon or Irish stew, think soda breads, drinks/cocktails, or corned beef recipes. Or just something green or something with Irish cream or Guinness in it! ;)
    Flag
  • Good4U 6 years ago said:
    Good idea, Shona. I vote for "Irish Themed Recipes ", as well.
    Flag
  • LindaLMT 6 years ago said:
    Irish themed works for me too! Vote Irish themed.
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 6 years ago said:
    Irish theme sounds good to me!! Vote!
    Flag
  • chuckieb 6 years ago said:
    Perfect! I vote "Irish Themed recipes" and again, whichever theme gets chosen, if anyone has tried any " themed recipes" previously and can recommend them that'd be great!
    Flag
    I guess I should vote too, Lol,.....
    *Vote "Irish Themed recipes!" :D
    Flag
    Here are some that I know others have enjoyed here:
    Dublin Coddle Irish Stew
    Irish Beef And Stout Stew
    Irish Soda Bread
    Irish Bannock
    Irish Melt
    I've made this on another site!:
    Dianes Colcannon
    How fun would a colcannon soup be! There are a few different recipes here for it, like this one: Irish Colcannon And Thyme Leaf Soup
    I've also made Irish Potato soups on other sites, it's a staple in any Irish pub! County Clare Irish Root Soup
    Flag
    Sorry, everyone, went out of town and didn't get home until late last night, but obviously Irish theme won lol!

Like Shona posted, I made these 2 last year:
    Irish Beef And Stout Stew
    Irish Soda Bread

These caught my eye and are in the running for what I'm making this month:
    Irish Potato Apple Cake
    Irish Apple Potato Cakes
    Irish Stout Brownies
    Irish Bacon And Cabbage
    Flag
  • chuckieb 6 years ago said:
    Great ideas guys!
    I too have made Tina's
    Irish Melt
    and really enjoyed it.
    I made these last year
    Irish Tacos
    and this one is mine
    Irish Pot Roasted Chicken
    I thought this one looked very yummy and decadent!
    Irish Chocolate Velvet
    and this one too!
    Irish Steak
    Flag
    Oh yummy Janet, how have I missed that Irish roasted chicken recipe of yours? Bookmarked!!
    Flag
  • DonSpain 6 years ago said:
    Hi, And 1 more
    cheers
    Savoury Slow Cooker Brisket
    Flag
    I have a few recipes I'm thinking of......
    This for sure as I want to use up the Bailey's from Christmas-->Baileys And Chocolate Cheesecake
    I want to try something other than the usual boiled corned beef I make: Glazed Corned Beef
    and probably some kind potato dish like this St Patricks Colcannon
    Hoping to try this too, Irish Soda Bread Muffins
    Flag
    Omg, that sounds like an amazing St. Patty's Day menu Shona :-D
    Flag
    What's on everyone's menu for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow?

I'm still planning, but I did pick up a corned beef today, my first time cooking it and using this recipe: Roasted Corned Beef Brisket :)
    Flag
    That recipe looks really good Michelle!!
    My St. Patty's day meal might have to be postponed. My daughter has been extremely ill for weeks and the only time I've left the house since March 1st has been to hospitals, doctor offices and labs! I did send Pete out to 3 stores for corned beef with no luck, and my online ordering grocery store had been out of stock for weeks too. I am still determined to get a corned beef though!
    I might have to make an Irish stew for this weekend instead. :)
    Flag
    Aaawwww..., I'm so sorry to hear that Shona, I hope Sophia gets better really soon. No rush on St. Patty's day, it can always wait. An Irish stew would work though if you felt like getting something made for the day. I found corned beef just today at Sam's. Is it in short supply in Canada? I have plans now for tomorrow just doing family stuff ( bowling, maybe a kids movie) so I will be rushing to get the beef done, and not sure I will get any Irish soda bread made like I wanted :( Kids sure do run life!!
    Flag
    Thanks Michelle, she is feeling a little better now that the med's kicked in. At least no fever and she has more energy. It was scary for awhile!

I'm making Simple Daily Irish Soda Bread to go along with a simple Irish Stew.
    I'm in the process of making a Baileys And Chocolate Cheesecake, at least it's a no-bake! ;)
    Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!! :)
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →