Butternut squash Apple CrispFrom hoosiermommy 5 years ago
- 3/4 c. brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3 to 4 c. peeled, sliced, uncooked butternut squash shopping list
- 1 can apple pie filling shopping list
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- To make it easier to peel the squash , I cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes. It will be HOT so let it cool down before you attempt to hold it.
- Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt, squash and pie filling.
- Spoon into a greased shallow casserole dish or a deep pie pan . (If you don't have either of those, you could try a 13 X 10 glass pan.)
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over squash mixture. Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until squash is tender. Serve warm. 8 servings.
- I really like the crumble, so I usually double that part of the recipe. Yummy! (but probably not as healthy)
People Who Like This Dish 1
- hoosiermommy Beech Grove, IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookhoosiermommy Beech Grove, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!