Croquettes Turkey BaconFrom goodfoodanddimsum 5 years ago
- 1 lb white potatoes, diced shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tbls milk shopping list
- 6 ounces smoked turkey bacon, minced shopping list
- 2 scallions,finely sliced shopping list
- 2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 1 tbls olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion minced shopping list
- 1 14 oz can tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 2 tblsp tomato paste, 1 tbls fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Boil potatoes(20 min) or until tender. Drain and return to low heat to dry. Mash potatoes with 2 eggs and milk. Season with S & P. Stir in Turkey bacon and scallions. Chill for 1 Hr.
- Meanwhile make the sauce: Heat oil in skillet, fry onion for 5 min. until soft. Add tomatoes and paste, stir and simmer 10 min. Stir in parsley, S & P and keep warm.
- Remove potato mixture from frig and shape into 8 sausage shapes. Dip in remaining beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a saucepan or deep fat fryer to 330F. Fry for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Serve with the sauce. Enjoy! Well worth the time for something different..