Chicken PieFrom aussiesheila 5 years ago
- Leftover roast chicken - diced shopping list
- oil/butter/margarine shopping list
- 1 onion - finely diced shopping list
- 1 carrot - finely diced shopping list
- 1 celery stick - finely diced shopping list
- chicken gravy powder - about 1 tablespoon shopping list
- 1 chicken stock cube shopping list
- milk - about 1/2 cup - you don't want filling too runny shopping list
How to make it
- Saute in oil the onion, carrot and celery.
- Mix the gravy powder, crumbled stock cube and milk together until smooth.
- Add the gravy mix to the veges, add more milk if necessary.
- Add the chicken to the gravy/vege mix.
- Put the filling onto the pastry in the pie dish and cover with the other sheet of pastry.
- Bake in hot oven until golden brown about 20-25 min.
- I serve the pie with mash potato, beans and corn.
- I have bought a special pie dish for my pies that is not too big.