Tomato BisqueFrom jake 7 years ago
- 2 LB. of tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cubes crumbled beef bouillon shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of white sugar shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c. of butter shopping list
- 1/3 c. of all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 qt. of milk shopping list
- 1 tsp. of salt shopping list
How to make it
- First run the tomatoes through the food mill to get rid of the seeds and skins.
- Then you can place in a large pot over medium flame.
- Now add in the bouillon, sugar, salt, bay leaf, basil and pepper.
- You want to bring this to a boil, then reduce flame to low for approx. 30 min.
- Now in a small pan, melt some butter, adding in flour with a whisk for about a min.
- Now add in the milk, little bit at a time.
- Then you can add this to soup mixture letting it thicken.
- Ladle and serve!