Hamburger SoupFrom laurap 5 years ago
- Cooking Pot: 5-6 quarts minimum shopping list
- 1 to 1.5 lbs ground beef ( 80/20 or better fine) shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes ( 12 or 28 oz depending on how much you like tomatoes) shopping list
- 2 carrots shopping list
- 1 bunch of celery shopping list
- 2.5 cups of water shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Chop your vegetables into bit sized pieces. On the celery, you really only need half the bunch. The rest of the celery makes great appetizers or side bites.
- Brown ground beef and onion in your soup pan.
- Once browned, drain off some of the fat leaving maybe 1 or 2 Tablespoons.
- Add in your vegetables, can of tomatoes and water.
- Simmer your soup for 1 hour.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Other vegetables can be added. Would suggest keeping amounts to "handfuls". Potatoes are nice, yellow squash or zucchini also. I would most particularly suggest fresh green beans when you have them.
The Cooklaurap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!