Apple-Rasberry StrudelFrom kytigger 5 years ago
- 3 medium apples such as Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, or Braeburn shopping list
- 3/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 6 phyllo pastry sheets shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberry shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
- vanilla ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Peal and slice apples. Add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, and salt and mix.
- Butter cookie sheet.
- Line work surface with waxed paper. Lay 1 phyllo sheet atop paper. Brush phyllo sheet with butter and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon remaining bread crumbs. Continue layering remaining phylo sheets ending with bread crumbs.
- Spoon 1/2 of apple mixture in 3 inch wide strip down length of phyllo 1 inch from one long edge and leaving 1 inch border at ends. Arrange raspberries in a row down center of apple filling. Spoon remaining filling over.
- Fold ends of phyllo over fillings; roll up jelly roll fashion starting at long edge near filling, tuck in apples to make 3 inch wide roll.
- Arrange strudel seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. Brush top with butter. Bake in 350 degree oven until crisp and golden about 40 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Cut into 1 inch thick slices. Sift powdered sugar over. Serve with ice cream
- Strudel can be prepared 1 week ahead and frozen. Do not defrost strudel before baking. Bake @ 350 degrees for 50 minutes
- Strudel can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Rewarm in 300 degree oven for 15 minutes.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!