October Apple PieFrom lisamariecr 5 years ago
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie shopping list
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled and diced shopping list
- 9 caramel squares, quartered shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, sugars, spices, flour, butter, and caramels.
- Stir to coat fruit evenly.
- Roll dough out, and cut out two crusts. Line a pie plate with one of the crusts.
- Spoon filling into the bottom crust, and cover with the top crust. Crimp the edges. Place the pie on a baking sheet covered with foil. Poke fork holes over top. Sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes.
- If you notice overbrowning after 30 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.