Sweet and Hot Apple Slow Cooker PorkFrom lisamariecr 5 years ago
- Non-stick cooking spray shopping list
- 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika shopping list
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast shopping list
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly coat a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine chipotle peppers, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Rub mixture over the pork. Place pork in the slow cooker.
- Top with sweet potatoes, onion and pie filling.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove pork and apple mixture from slow cooker.
- Cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Transfer cooking liquid to a medium saucepan.
- Stir together 1/4 cup water and 3 tablespoons flour. Add to saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Slice pork and serve with apple mixture and thickened sauce.