Cheesy Pork Chops with Spicy ApplesFrom lisamariecr 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 apple, cored and sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 4 pork chops shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare a grill for high heat.
- While the grill heats, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and cook until soft.
- Season with red pepper flakes then add the sliced apple.
- Stir in the sugar and balsamic vinegar, and simmer for 5 minutes, or until apples are soft and golden.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Spoon the onions and apples on top of the chops, and top with a slice of Cheddar cheese.
- Cover the grill, and cook for about 3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.