Warm Apple Buttermilk Custard PieFrom lisamariecr 5 years ago
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- To Make Apple Filling: Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in skillet over medium heat.
- Add apple, 1/2 cup white sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
- To Make Buttermilk Custard: In a large mixing bowl combine 1/4 cup softened butter or margarine with 1 1/3 cups white sugar.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until yellow disappears.
- Mix in vanilla, then 2 tablespoons flour.
- Combine thoroughly, then pour in buttermilk, beating until smooth.
- Fit pastry into pie pan and prick with a fork.
- Spoon apple mixture into crust, then pour buttermilk custard over it.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- To Make Streusel Topping: While pie is baking, combine 1/4 cup white sugar, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Cut in 3 tablespoons butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly.
- Remove pie from oven after 30 minutes and sprinkle streusel topping over custard.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 1 hour before serving.
The Cooklisamariecr Hanceville, AL
The Rating2 people
this recipe sounds great always looking for something to do different with apples, and my family loves custard pies. thanks high 5buttercup21 in loved it