Hannahs Cream Cheese Caramel Apple PieFrom lisamariecr 4 years ago
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples shopping list
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package caramel apple circle shopping list
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out pastry and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour.
- Mix well.
- Add apples to cream cheese mixture and stir until apples are evenly coated.
- Add brown sugar mixture to apple mixture gradually, stirring after each addition.
- Pour half of apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.
- Place caramel circle over top, then pour in remaining apple mixture.
- Cover with second pastry.
- Seal edges and cut steam vent in top. Sprinkle with coarse/turbinado sugar.
- Place pie on baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- If you notice overbrowning after 25 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees F.