Classic Chocolate MousseFrom juliachild 4 years ago
How to make it
- Put the chocolate in a saucepan over low heat until it is just melted.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add in the butter. Leave for 1 minute, then stir in the egg YOLKS, one at a time.
- Put the mixture into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl put the egg whites and using an electric whisk or mixer, whisk until stiff peaks form. The definition of stiff peaks is when you pull out your whisk or beater and the peaks do not sink back into the mixture after at least 20-30 seconds.
- STIR about ¼ of the egg whites into the butter and chocolate to loosen the mixture.
- Then, using a large metal spoon, FOLD in the rest of the egg whites (¼ at a time)
- Spoon into the cups you plan on eating them from. Then, chill for two hours. Eat in 12 hours.
- Bon appetit!