Belgian WaffleFrom sbbny 7 years ago
- Liege Waffle Recipe shopping list
- For a Liege Waffle recipe we will need: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup pearl sugar shopping list
- 1 cup melted butter shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast shopping list
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (add some vanilla sugar) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- How to make Liege Waffles in nine easy steps:
- 1. Take the lukewarm water and mix in yeast, 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar and salt. Let the yeast develop for 15 minutes. In the meanwhile you can melt the butter, but be careful – do not burn it.
- 2. Now take a large bowl and put in the flour, make a hole in the middle, pour in the yeast that you made in step one. Also add eggs and melted butter and knead until you get nice and even dough. Then let it rest so the yeast does it’s magic and the dough doubles.
- 3. Now take pearl sugar and gently mix it in.
- 4. Again, let it rest for 15 minutes, in the meanwhile you can turn on thewaffle maker so its nice and hot.
- 5. All there is left is to pour the waffle dough into the waffle maker and bake for 3-5 minutes. Because we mixed in the sugar late in the process it will melt and caramelize and give that special Liege waffle taste. Just be careful when you take them out of the waffle maker, caramelized sugar can make them sticky.
The Cooksbbny Baltimore, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!