Williamsburg Cream of Peanut SoupFrom kimichka25 7 years ago
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 8 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter shopping list
- 1 ¾ cups light cream or half-and-half shopping list
- Finely chopped salted peanuts, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until softened, three-five minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook two minutes longer.
- Pour in the chicken stock, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until slightly reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Pour into a sieve set over a large bowl and strain, pushing hard on the solids to extract as much flavor as possible.
- Return the liquid to the sauce pan or pot.
- Whisk the peanut butter and the cream into the liquid. Warm over low heat, whisking often, for about five minutes.
- DON'T BOIL
- Serve warm, garnished with the chopped peanuts..
People Who Like This Dish 1
- kimichka25 Any Town, USA, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookkimichka25 Any Town, USA, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!