Cream Cheese Stuffed MushroomsFrom reciperenegade 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Finely chop the stems, leaving the tough end to be discarded.
- Finely chop the onion and combine it with the chopped mushroom stems.
- Add the margarine to a pan and saute the stems and onion on medium-low heat.
- Add the cream cheese, breadcrumbs, and garlic. Continue to saute until the mixture is cohesive.
- Remove from the stove and spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps, letting the mixture overflow a bit.
- Lightly dust the mushroom caps with grated parmesan cheese.
- Place the mushrooms in a pie pan or on a baking sheet with milk just covering the bottom to prevent the mushrooms from burning.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.