Penne Pasta PizzaFrom rhodesbread 4 years ago
- 12 Rhodes dinner rolls or 1 Loaf Rhodes bread dough, thawed to room temperature shopping list
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta shopping list
- 1 cup prepared thick pasta sauce shopping list
- 1 cup ground beef, cooked and drained shopping list
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine three rolls together to form a ball.
- Repeat with remaining rolls.
- If using bread dough, cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Flatten each ball or piece into a 7-8-inch circle.
- Place on large sprayed baking sheets.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in size. Meanwhile, stir together the pasta, pasta sauce and ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
- When dough has risen, remove plastic wrap and press the middle of each dough circle down, leaving 1-inch all the way around the edges.
- Divide the pasta mixture equally between the circles and place in mounds in the center of each one where you have pressed it down. Top each one with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Brush the bare 1-inch edge around each pizza with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake at 350ºF 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted and browning. Serve hot.