Apple PieFrom bakeityourself 6 years ago
- Pâte Brisée shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup ice water shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 6 large peeled, cored, and sliced to 1/4" green apples shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
How to make it
- Combine apples in a large bowl with sugars, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, & salt. Mix, let sit for 1-2 hours.
- While waiting, prepare the pie shell. Put flour, salt, and sugar into the food processor until mixed. Add butter until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Pour 1/4 cup ice water slowly, do not process more than 30 seconds.
- Divide dough in half and wrap into a ball in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll 1/2 of the dough onto a floured surface into a circle big enough to fit the pie dish. Transfer to pie pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator.
- Take the other 1/2 of the dough and do the same, sandwich it between parchment paper and let sit in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place apples over a strainer to collect the juice for 15 minutes. Transfer juice with 2 tbsp of butter to a cup and microwave 6-7 minutes to reduce.
- Remove pastries from the refrigerator.
- Transfer apples to a bowl and mix with flour and the reduced juices. Pour apples into pie crust. Dab some water on the edges of the pie and then place the top crust on top. Tuck away excess crust underneath and crimp the edges with your fingers. Cut 6 slices from the center of the pie outwards. Bake on the bottom rack on top of a baking sheet for 30 min. Cover the edges of the pie with foil. Bake another 20 min. Let pie sit a few hours to cool. Serve with Crème Chantilly or Vanilla Ice Cream.