Bacon Wrapped banana chilistuffed with Fish or ShrimpFrom nathansilver1 7 years ago
How to make it
- Chris’s Bacon Wrapped banana chili—stuffed with Fish or Shrimp
- I doubted the glove suggestion from a friend I got the next recipe from... wear gloves! Washed my hands thoroughly with soap and water 2x...then rinsed my face with a handful of water--yowzah!
- Cut a "t" in the pepper and clean the seeds and ribs out of the banana chili (AKA the yellow wax pepper). Cut close to the top—as this will aid in the removal of the seed cluster.
- Get red snapper and shrimp close to room temp. Season each seafood choice with "Bay Seasoning," tossed in a bowl.
- Stuff fish in some of the peppers and shrimp in others.
- Wrap bacon around the chili’s—using a natural-colored toothpick at the top and one at the bottom of the chili.
- Pan fry in 2 inches of veggy oil.
- Prep a bowl of soy sauce with fresh squeezed lime juice—to taste. After frying chili’s, drain on paper towel for 1-2 minutes. Dip in the soy-lime concoction (bath them in it…), plate, and serve.
- Stand back! Your guests will tie you to the stake...if you don't have more of these bad-boys on the way for them!
- >I would recommend a glass of "Kim Crawford 2008 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc" to enhance/accompany this killer appetizer!