Chicken Veggies And RiceFrom sammajean 5 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper shopping list
- 1/2 yellow pepper shopping list
- 1/2 onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 1 small can tomatoes (I use the type with basil & oregano) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- your favorite spices shopping list
- 1 cup rice uncooked shopping list
How to make it
- Cube chicken and dice all vegetables into manageable pieces
- in a medium to large skillet, spray with cooking spray and add chicken. Cook almost all the way through, then add garlic and lower heat.
- Add in onions first and cook for about 3 minutes, then add in all peppers and continue over low heat.
- Add whatever seasonings you like - I do crushed red peppers and a little bit of dried oregano.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, add canned tomato and cover, letting the whole pan simmer over low heat.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Once the rice is done, the chicken is done! :) Serve in bowl, everything split in half is one serving. It's a lot of food but not too many points!