Sweet Potato Stuffed ApplesFrom carmenbigred 7 years ago
- 5 medium size cooking apples shopping list
- 3tbs. slivered almonds, divided shopping list
- 16oz. can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed shopping list
- 3tbs. brown sugar shopping list
- 3tbs. maple syrup shopping list
- 1tbs. butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4tsp. salt shopping list
How to make it
- Core apples, starting at stem end, without cutting through opposite end. Scoop out apple pulp to enlarge opening to 2 inches. Chop pulp, and set aside.
- Place each apple on a 7 inch square of aluminum foil.
- Stir together chopped apple pulp, 2tbs. almonds, and next 6 ingredients.
- Spoon filling evenly into apples, and top with remaining 1tbs. almonds. Pull foil up around sides of apples, and place apples in an 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until tender.