Roasted Red Capsicum Tomato SoupFrom taram 9 years ago
- 2Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 large brown onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 2tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2tsp paprika (or cayenne pepper) shopping list
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1L vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 x 340g bottles roasted capsicums (or 440g capsicums, roasted) shopping list
- 2 x 410g cans tomato puree shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onions for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cumin & paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, stock, capsicums & tomato puree and bring to the boil. Cook for around 8 minutes, until the tomatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat and puree with a stick blender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.