Crispy Potato RoastFrom auntb_tx 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled shopping list
- 4 shallots, thickly sliced lengthwise shopping list
- coarse salt shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- 8 springs thyme (dried thyme works as well) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine butter and oil. Brush bottom of round 9-inch baking dish with some butter mixture. With a sharp knife or mandolin, slice potatoes very thinly crosswise.
- Arrange potato slices virtically in dish. Wedge shallots throughout. Sprinkle with salt and red-pepper flakes (if using); brush with remaining butter mixture. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes. Add thyme and bake until potatoes are cooked through with a crisp top, about 35 more minutes.
The Cookauntb_tx Euless, TX
The Rating4 people
yum!pleclare in Framingham loved it
sounds good,but i am not a fan of Martha stewart since she put down Racheal Ray so badly and Sara palin too.She is not a very nice person.5 forks for YOU!lanabade in Goshen loved it
I made something similar last weekend, but will definitely try out your version. I love the addition of red pepper flakes and fresh thyme. Thanks! Dandoubled in Upstate loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!