Hearty Stew with Mushrooms Tomatoes amp WineFrom jaki44 4 years ago
- 4 tbls. olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 (28 oz.) can chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 lb. fresh porcini mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, combine olive oil, garlice and onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add the beef cubes, salt and pepper and brown on all sides. Add wine, tomatoes, mushroom and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook on low to medium for 45 minutes. If the sauce starts to dry out, add a little more broth. Taste for salt and pepper, remove, and serve over rice, potatoes, or pasta.
- You can also just add chopped potatoes to it and now serve it over them. I made it like the recipe called for.