Carmel Pecan RollsFrom mrspita 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 2 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 package active dry yeast shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup lukewarm milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoon shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/3 cup pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Soak yeast in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Pour milk over sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Beat in shortening, egg, 1/2 cup flour and softened yeast.
- Cover with wax paper and let rise in a warm place for 15 mins.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar and water. Spread evenly over the bottom of an 8inch round pan. Place pecans on top of sugar mixture.
- Stir remaining flour into roll dough. Turn out onto lightly floured board. Knead gently.
- Roll out into a 9x12 inch oblong pan. Spread with butter mixture and sprinkle brown sugar on top. Roll dough lengthwise, jellyroll fashion, and seal the edges. Cut into 12 1-inch rolls.
- Arrange rolls, cut side down in 8inch round pan, cover and let rise for 20 mins.
- Bake for 18-20 mins.
- Invert onto a baking sheet. Let stand 5 mins before removing pan.