Cocoa ChewsFrom mrspita 5 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2/3 cup sifted flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups quick rolled oats, uncooked shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Beat sugar and shortening together until creamy. Blend in eggs.
- Sift flour with cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add half the flour mixture to creamed mixture. Mix until blended.
- Add milk and beat thoroughly. Add remaining flour mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in oats and vanilla. Refrigerate dough for about 45 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 mins.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool and sprinkle with confectioners sugar, if desired.