Pepper Pot SoupFrom lukie4 10 years ago
- 1 lb. of honeycomb tripe shopping list
- 5 diced slices bacon shopping list
- 1/2 c. of chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 c. of chopped celery shopping list
- 3 chopped leeks shopping list
- 2 diced green bell peppers shopping list
- 2 qts. of beef stock shopping list
- 1 peeled and diced large potato shopping list
- 2 diced large carrots shopping list
- 1 bunch of chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of dried marjoram shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cloves (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to put meat in pan and cover with water.
- Let this boil and just turn off heat.
- You want to let the meat to cool in the water then draine.
- Cut your meat in in 1/4 in.
- Now in a large pan, saute bacon until crisp.
- Then you can saute onion, celery, leeks, parsley, and the green peppers.
- Pour in the beef stock, thyme, marjoram, cloves, red pepper flakes, and pepper.
- This needs to come to a boil before you turn down to low.
- Let this cook cook for about 2 min.
- Then you can add in the potatoes, and carrots, cooking for approx. 20 more min.
- Now you want to to make a roux by adding flour into a heated pan with melted butter.
- Whisk this together and then add into the soup.
- The soup will need to simmer until thickened.
- Ladle up and serve!
The Cooklukie4 New York, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!