Sweet Potato StewFrom huminbrd56 3 years ago
- 1 large sweet potato, baked, no skin, cubed shopping list
- 4 spring (green) onions, tops and white ends, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup white beans, cooked shopping list
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. crushed dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoons low fat cream cheese shopping list
- Organic olive oil spray (fat free) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the sweet potato in the microwave (about 9 minutes) or in the oven at 400 degrees (about 1 hour).
- Peel it and and cube it immediately.
- While the potato is baking, slice the tomatoes and onions.
- Spray a large fry pan and place it on medium high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the green onions, then stir the tomatoes, sweet potato, and white beans (you can add a little bean juice too, if you like).
- Sprinkle the rosemary, black pepper, and garlic powder over the mixture and cook until bubbly.
- Spoon into 2 bowls and stir 2 tablespoons of cream cheese to each bowl.
- Serve with whole wheat crackers.
The Cookhuminbrd56 Concord, North Carolina
- Not added to any groups yet!