Meatball With Brown GravyFrom cliff 5 years ago
How to make it
- Get out your mixing bowl and add 1 egg, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of italian bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, and one chopped onion.
- Stir it all up and add 1/2 pound of meatloaf mix to the mixture.
- Combine and form mixture into meatballs.
- Add to cast iron skillet with canola oil added to prevent meatballs from sticking to pan.
- Cook the meatballs thoroughly, and then remove the meatballs from the skillet.
- Drain off all the fat except for small amount to make brown gravy.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour to the pan drippings and stir the fat to make a roux.
- Add a cup of water, salt and pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- You only need a dash or two of all of the spices.
- Stir up the brown gravy and cook until it boils.
- Put the meatballs in the gravy and cover the meatballs with the brown gravy.
- Turn the meatballs over until they are completely covered with the brown gravy.
- Let the meatballs cook for another 5 minutes in the gravy.