Potato Peanut And Spinach SoupFrom lelumarsha 6 years ago
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 Medium onion shopping list
- 1 rib celery shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable broth ( I use 2 of Knorr vegetable bouillon cubes) shopping list
- 2-3 small to medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 medium white potato, peeled and cubed. shopping list
- 3/4 cup All Natural Old Fashioned creamy peanut butter, (like Smuckers) shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 Cup soy milk. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery, cover, and cook until softened about 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth and the sweet and white potato pieces, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered until the vegetables are done (about 30 minutes).
- Puree the soup in the pot with an immersion blender, or in a blender, or food processor, in batches if necessary.
- Return to the pot.
- In a small bowl blend peanut butter with approx 1-2 ladles of soup. Return mixture to pot and stir.
- Stir and season with cayenne, sea salt, and nutmeg. Be careful the cayenne will make this recipe spicy so tread lightly.
- Stir in soymilk, if soup is too thick add a little more.
- To add color to this dish and a little more texture, you can use frozen spinach, thawed and drained. 1-2 cups in the blender will chop it fine. You don't want to puree it completely. Add to the soup.
- I like it with the spinach my son does not.