My Take on Chicken BurritosFrom hope4rain24 6 years ago
- 1 lb chicken boneless (thighs or breasts as preferred) diced shopping list
- 2 cups of rice cooked shopping list
- 1 can of tomatoes (I use Del Monte's diced with green chilies) or you can use salsa shopping list
- 1 pack of burrito shells (typically 8 in a pack) shopping list
- 1/2 cup ranch shopping list
- 1 packet taco seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 2 tbs butter/margarine (or use canola oil) shopping list
- 2 cups of Mexican shredded cheese shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 325.
- In medium frying pan, cook onion in butter till soft and add chicken.
- Brown chicken till cooked through (no longer pink).
- Add half of the packet of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water. Cook on medium heat till most of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a medium bowl/pot add the rice, tomatoes and half the packet of taco seasoning/ mix well.
- Take your burrito shells and smooth on a thin layer of sour cream in the center of each burrito(if desired, otherwise skip) followed by a spoonful of rice, chicken, ranch and topped with shredded Mexican cheese.
- Wrap each burrito and place on non stick cookie sheet and place in center of oven for approximately 15 minutes. (4-5 minutes longer if crunchy shell is desired.)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Cookhope4rain24 Manassas, VA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!