Spare Ribs With Homemade Bbq SauceFrom pedropete 6 years ago
- 1.8Kg pork spare ribs shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp fennel seeds crushed shopping list
- 115g dark brown sugar shopping list
- 100ml dark soy sauce shopping list
- 600ml tomato ketchup shopping list
- black pepper to season shopping list
- salt to season shopping list
How to make it
- Separate the ribs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to180 C/gas 4. Place the spare ribs on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- While the ribs are cooking heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until fragrant. Add the chillie, fennel seeds and sugar, stirring often, until sugar has melted. Add soy sauce tomato ketchup. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for around 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the ribs have cooked through, remove them from the oven and brush liberally with half the barbecue sauce, leaving the rest to use as a dip. Return the ribs to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes to glaze the ribs. Serve with the remaining barbecue sauce on the side.
- To enjoy these ribs at a barbecue, follow the recipe as above to the end of step 3. Brush ribs with sauce and cook over a preheated barbecue until glazed, then serve.
The Cookpedropete London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!