Deviled Egg CandyFrom foodygirl1979 5 years ago
How to make it
- Melt chocolate on top of double boiler or in the microwave until completely melted and smooth.
- Fill the cavities of the egg mold and put into fridge or freezer to set up.
- Meanwhile, color remaining chocolate with the yellow powder to achieve an egg yolk shade.
- Mix the rice krispies in until thick enough to be able to mound onto the egg without dripping.
- Unmold the eggs onto waxed paper and immediately dollop a mound of the "yolk" mixture onto each to resemble the filling.
- Sprinkle with the red colored sugar to resemble the "paprika" while still soft.
- Allow to dry completely.
- NOTE: The amount of rice krispies that are used varies depending on the consistency of the chocolate once it is melted, so you may need more than called for. Also, if you have any "yolk" mixture left just make small mounds onto waxed paper, allow to dry and have an instant treat.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- foodygirl1979 Pittsburgh, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookfoodygirl1979 Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!