Fish Cutlets MackerelbangdoFrom ihanna 3 years ago
- Mackerel - 500 gms shopping list
- onion, finely chopped - 2, medium sized shopping list
- tomato, finely cut - 2, medium sized shopping list
- Green Chillies, finely cut - 3 shopping list
- fresh coriander, finely cut - a small bunch shopping list
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp shopping list
- turmeric powder - 1 tsp shopping list
- coriander powder - 1 tsp shopping list
- egg - 1 shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
- Chiroti Rava - should be very fine shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a vessel, add 1 cup water and the pieces of fish. Add 1/2 spoon Red Chilli powder and Turmeric powder, each. Add a little less than 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Cover the vessel and boil on low flame until the pieces are cooked. Don't add to much of water or else you'll have to throw the water away, thus losing vital nutrients.
- Once the fish is ready, separate the flesh from the bones.Throw the bones away.
- If some water is remaining, keep it. We'll use it later.
- In another vessel, mix the fish, onion , tomatoes, green chillies, fresh coriander, egg , coriander powder.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric and red chilli powder. Salt as required.
- Mix it all together nicely, such that the fish is crushed and blends well with the other ingredients.
- You may add 2-3 tsp of the water that remained after boiling the fish.
- Make small round balls of the mixture and then flatten them slightly. (Similar to mutton kheema balls)
- Be careful not to squeeze out the water from the mixture.
- Put some oil in the pan and heat it on medium flame.
- Take some rava in a plate. Roll the fish cutlets in the rava and fry them in the oil on both sides, till you get a nice brown crust.
- If the oil is not enough, you can add some more. But don't make them too oily.
- Serve as starters or a side dish, as you like.
The Cookihanna Bangalore, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!