Beef And Bean ChiliFrom twohot 4 years ago
- 2 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion(s), chopped shopping list
- 2 medium stalk(s) celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced shopping list
- 1 small jalapeno pepper(s), seeded and minced** shopping list
- 1 pound(s) lean ground sirloin shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 2 piece(s) bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tsp table salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, or more to taste shopping list
- 28 oz canned crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup(s) canned beef broth, reduced-sodium shopping list
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce shopping list
- 30 oz canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup(s) shallot(s), chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and jalapeño; sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add beef and sauté until browned and cooked through, breaking up meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes; drain mixture through a colander to remove excess fat.
- Return beef mixture to pan (set over medium-high heat) and add chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, salt and red pepper flakes; stir to coat vegetables and beef with spices. Add tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce and beans, and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
- To serve, discard bay leaves, ladle chili into bowls and top with chopped shallots. Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.
The Cooktwohot Montreal, CANDADA
- Not added to any groups yet!