Chicken Rice, Japanese StyleFrom o00o0o00oo0o0o 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliver cut ½ inch long shopping list
- 1 burdock root or gobo root, chopped finely shopping list
- 3 dried shitake mushrooms, sliced thin shopping list
- green beans, chopped finely shopping list
- 3-4 cups water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dashi powder shopping list
- 1 chicken thigh, boned and chopped into small pieces shopping list
- 2 cups Japanese short grain rice shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- seasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- pickled ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Poach the carrots, gobo, mushrooms, and green beans in the 3 cups of water, soy sauce & dashi powder.
- When the carrot is half cooked add the chicken and continue to poach for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and chicken and reserve the stock.
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker with the reserved stock. When the rice is finished cooking, stir in the drained vegetables and chicken. Add seasoned rice vinegar to taste.
- Scramble the eggs and sliced thinly and place on top of the rice.
- Drain the pickled ginger and chop to bite sized pieces.
The Cooko00o0o00oo0o0o Los Angeles, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!