Pork Tenderloin With ApplesFrom CHS001 5 years ago
- 1 tbsp oil (Canola, Olive, etc.) shopping list
- 1.25 lbs (0.5kg) pork tenderloin shopping list
- 1 medium onion (chopped) shopping list
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp rosemary shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth shopping list
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar (if desired) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F (230C), lightly oil a baking pan
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high. Salt and pepper the tenderloin and sear the meat in the skillet, turning frequently till lightly browned all over - don't forget the ends! (about 5 mins)
- Transfer to prepared pan and place in preheated oven for about 20 mins (pork should reach 150F internally). Remove from oven and let rest 5 mins.
- While meat is cooking in the oven, add chopped onion to the skillet in which the meat was browned. Cook over medium (stirring) for about 3 minutes.
- Add the apples and rosemary and continue cooking till apples and onion soften (about 5 mins).
- Add broth, balsamic vinegar, and sugar (if desired) and continue cooking till thickened (about 5 mins). Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon the apple sauce into a serving dish and slice the tenderloin into 1/4" slices and arrange on top of the apple sauce. Serve immediately.
- My kids love the apple sauce so I usually double the recipe and serve with a carb (bread, rice, etc.)
- Recipe originally from Today's Parent, but verified by me a thousand times over! Enjoy!
The CookCHS001 Guelph, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!