Puffed AmaranthFrom emschrock 4 years ago
How to make it
- Place a dry, medium skillet, that has a tight fitting lid, on medium heat, on the stovetop and allow it to heat up.
- Pour about 2 tablespoon of amaranth grains in the hot skillet at a time.
- Cover the pan with the lid and quickly swirl the gains on the pan.
- Continuously swirl the pan over the stovetop and eventually the gains of amaranth will begin to pop.
- It is sometimes necessary to adjust the heat on the stove to get the amaranth to pop and not burn.
- Usually the amaranth will puff very quickly.
- It might take a couple tries the first time so don't give up right away.
- Make sure that once the amaranth seems to have completely puffed that you immediately remove it from the pan into a dry bowl to stop the cooking.
- Amaranth will easily burn once it is puffed so it is important to move quickly. The process is basically like this : pour, cover, swirl, pour, repeat.
- Good luck.
The Cookemschrock Black Hawk, Colorado
- Not added to any groups yet!