Madras Beef CurryFrom jakefoskett 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1kg of chopped up beef chunks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock shopping list
How to make it
- Add coriander, cumin, turmeric, pepper, chili, garlic, ginger and lemon juice in a bowl to form a paste. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add half the beef. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and beef.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add spice paste. Cook for 1 minute. Return beef to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until meat is coated with paste. Add tomato paste and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until beef is tender.
- Remove lid. Cook, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes, or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
- serve with steamed rice, coriander to garnish
The Cookjakefoskett Freshwater, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!