Dutch Endive HotchpotchFrom MariekeChantal 5 years ago
- 2 lb 4 oz starchy potatoes shopping list
- 1 lb 2 oz washed fresh endive, cut into stripes shopping list
- 1 1/2 oz butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tbs mustard shopping list
- Grounded nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tblsp vinegar shopping list
- 12 oz good gouda cheese, cut into small cubes shopping list
- 9 oz bacon, cut into stripes shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into similar size cubes;
- Put the potatoes in a large boiling pan. Add just enough water to cover the potatoes and add a good pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile bake the baconstripes until dark brown and crispy.
- Let the potatoes boil until soft. Pour off the water and steam the potatoes dry
- Mash the potatoes and add the milk, and butter till u have a fluffy mash.
- Add mustard and salt & pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Heat your mash until steaming hot
- Now stirr in the Endive, Cheese, crispy bacon and the tablespoon of vinegar.
- Divide your "stamppot`over four plates.
- Enjoy the taste of the crispy endive together with the melting cheese cubes and the salty bacon. Comfort food!
- ''''If you need more meat with this dish, try to find a good smoked sausage!'''''''
The CookMariekeChantal Somewhere, The Netherlands
- Not added to any groups yet!