Valentine's Day CakeFrom thursamaday 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter (1 Stick) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1-2 oz. red food coloring (or at least 1oz) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda sprinkled over 1 Tbsp. vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Prep: Butter two 8-inch round cake pans, Then dust with flour. Heat oven to 350°.
- Cream: butter and sugar in mixer
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Add flour & salt
- Add alternately with buttermilk. Beat after each addition.
- Make a mixture of Red food coloring and Cocoa powder in small bowl and add to batter See Photo
- Stir in baking soda and vinegar mixture
- Bake: for 30 minutes, or until stick will be removed cleanly when stuck into cake.
The Cookthursamaday Victoria, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!